Sunday, April 17, 2016

Into the Wild Blue Yonder part 1

On Saturday Lil' Nick and I went in search of another kind of forgotten memorial. In Peru, they had an airshow/fly in honoring WW 2 vets. There were nine TBM torpedo bombers there out of the fifteen that are still flying in America. There were half a dozen T-6 Texans. There were a couple WW 2 Russian YAK aircraft. Thee were four Stearman biplanes. There were smaller US planes, there were military jets, There was so much to see and experience I'm sure I missed half of it.

One of the highlights of the day was a tribute to the vets as four of the Tbm's flew over head, one plane breaking off in the classic "Missing Man" formation as the speakers played Taps.

In fact, There was so much to see that I cannot show it all in one post so this is going to come to you in two parts. Big shout out to my Lil' sidekick Nick for taking a lot of the close up pics I couldn't reach.
























2 comments:

  1. Thank you John , love the pics , wish I could have been there but unable to get a ride.Really like reading about your adventures and history. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I LOVE history of all shapes and sizes and it's gratifying to know my work is appreciated.

      Delete

If you have a comment or know of a place that would make for a great future article drop me a line. Thanks!