Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Forgotten Future

If you listen hard you can still hear the sound of laughter. The sound of pans clanging in the kitchen, a tractor working in the fields, the family gathered around the radio in the parlor. While on a recent outing we came across this forlorn and forgotten house along a peaceful back road. The old house is leaning to one side, obviously weary of bearing its burdens for so long.

It was just down the from St. Mary's cemetery so if you get down that way be sure to go past the cemetery and reflect on a quieter, simpler time. A time when kids played in the yard and parents sat out on the porch at night and listened to the crickets chirping and the sound of bright laughter as the kids used their imaginations to whisk them away to strange and wonderful new worlds.

I had a few photo's left over from the cemetery trip so I'm including them here as well. Know of a great place that needs my special attentions? Drop me a line and let me know.













No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or know of a place that would make for a great future article drop me a line. Thanks!