Saturday, June 9, 2018

Somewhere in France....circa 1944

Recently I and a couple buddies took a drive down to Edwards IL. where we were witness to a recreated battle from World War 2. With the anniversary of the Normandy landings only a couple days ago I thought it fitting to write about one of the defining chapters of American history.

Reenactors dressed up in period specific uniforms and clothing participated in a mock battle much like a real one that might have taken place many years ago (with less blood, of course). In addition to the soldiers there were authentic weaponry, vehicles, and campsites. I'm sure many a veteran would recognize the camps that were set up and recall what it was like to storm 'Fortress Europe'. I hope you enjoy the photo's as much as I enjoyed taking them.











































No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or know of a place that would make for a great future article drop me a line. Thanks!