Saturday, April 21, 2018

The Roggy cemetery and school

On a recent outing we drove to the location of the Roggy school and cemetery. It's located just a few miles outside of Princeton on a small country road. I was told that until recently it was filled with brush and debris and not visible. Indeed Lil Nick and I drove past it several times in our adventures without even realizing it was there!

 I haven't been able to find out much about this place as yet but what I Do know is that a school was in operation here from 1902 thru 1918. The first teacher there was Mabel Walter and the last was Verna Stone. Perhaps my readers can contribute what They might know. It's located up a short embankment with no way for a vehicle to enter the premises. I ended up parking a short distance away at a field entrance as it is too narrow to park on the road itself. 

That being said there several interesting markers there as well as the old school bell. If you get an itch to explore with good weather finally here go check it out!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or know of a place that would make for a great future article drop me a line. Thanks!